Thursday, June 10, 2010

More of Urbiztondo


Here is a man at the edge of the river sitting on a bamboo dock doing something, I couldn't tell exactly what.

This is a bush, the colors are so vivid and I had never seen one before that day. I have seen more since-- they are so beautiful. I don't know what they are called but I love them.

I think this was the farthest we traveled that day. We went down a road I am sure few, if any, cars had been down. I know the people we passed as we went to this home couldn't believe a car was coming down this narrow road, we could tell it was unusual. This was a family that had been taught at one time and got dropped for some reason. We did teach them a short lesson, they have a family of 8 but because all the kids around were relatives and not use to seeing Americanos they all gathered around to be part of the action. I think there were about 20 people listening by the time we finished teaching them--mostly children.

Filipino children are always excited to see Americanos. They all wanted "high fives" and we were happy to accommodate. They are so cute aren't they? They also love to have their picture taken. As you can see from the picture it was dark by the time we left, we have to carry flashlights because there are no street lights even in towns and this was a very rural area! We had to have guidance while turning the car around, the roads here are very narrow--usually just wide enough for a tryke with a basket! Even though our car is small it is a lot wider than the road. Pres. Allred gets very frustrated trying to turn the car around when there is no "wide spot" in the road. It reminds me of the song "Give Me Forty Acres and I'll Turn This Rig Around"! He he!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment