Friday, April 16, 2010

The Bukid (field)


We went with the missionaries to teach a husband and wife. The house is near the street but he tends cattle so we needed to walk through the bukid (or field) to get to where he was working. In the process we had to cross two man-made bridges. The water was very dirty, the bridges narrow and I could just see myself falling in (the wind was also blowing). To make me feel more confident Elder St. Martin told me that Sis. Pace (a previous senior couple) had fallen in a very nasty ditch! Thanks Elder St. Martin! I was only paying attention to the bridge--not Elder St. Martin who was manning my camera! I was NOT going to fall in! No Way!

We crossed a pasture where there were about 8 cows grazing. I was not all that confident that they would be happy with us invading their space but it turned out they couldn't have cared less. Lucky for us!

The missionaries were teaching the Villaruz family. They already had an IBD (a baptismal date) and were teaching one of the lessons they needed before their baptism. They taught in Tagalog and we bore our testimony of the principle they had taught in English. It was a memorable and unique experience for us. Willie and Tessie were baptised on April 24, 2010.

I really love the color of Willie's hair, we don't see many people here with such beautiful gray hair. Elder St. Martin (from Arizona) and Elder Ramiro are our zone leaders here in Mangaldan.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment