Sunday, October 4, 2009
Tiki Village in Baguio
This is a little known site right in Baguio. The Jensens, Thomsens and us all went there one day when we were up in Baguio. It was a clear day and a perfect day for an outdoor activity. Some of these huts were built in the 1500's. The trails were steep, covered with moss and slick. Some of the steps were very high, a little scary for my old knees but the rock that made up the steps were slick as well. It wasn't a very big place but it had some very interesting huts and art exhibits there as well as art.
We all had a fun time in the souvenir shop with the owners. They gave us a demonstration of a "nose flute" which you play with your nostril, so we promptly had to have one! The owner actually gave us demonstration of how to play it, he really made it play! Sis. Jensen got one for fun for their family gatherings, I got one just to see what fun the grand kids would have "TRYING" to make it work! I had to have a rain stick too, Rick didn't think I needed one but I got it anyway! (The grand kids will have fun with it, I remember Kendall bringing one home from his mission!)
NOTE: I am playing catch up with my blog so this was posted long after the event. Since that time this whole complex has been destroyed by the Typhoon Parma or Peping as they call it here. There were horrible mudslides in Baguio and all over the mountain, there is almost nothing left of this village, just huge gouges out of the mountain. We picked a great time to see it because in less than a week it was gone! Sad!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment